Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica AX-1 Film Advance Lever stuck? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fujica AX-1 Film Advance Lever stuck? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Faytallity
Tinkerer
Username: Faytallity

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, all.

I've gone through days of intensive googling, and not come across any answers to my problem yet... This site came up in every search I've done, so I thought that this would be the best place to start asking questions. :-)

Anyway!
My dad recently gave me a Fujica AX-1, and the film advance lever won't move more than halfway. Well, we've had it move all the way about five times throughout all our fiddling, but when we've tried to do it again straight after, it won't go past halfway again.
Most of the problems I've heard about with this camera have to do with the shutter. Suffice to say, I haven't exactly come across much information pertaining to this particular issue.

Any help you guys could offer me would be much appreciated, even if it's just recommending a good repair place(I'm in Melbourne, Australia by the way)!

Crm114
Tinkerer
Username: Crm114

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I'll bite.

You first need a working battery in the AX bodies, or it will no fire.

Sounds like its wound on, but not fired, so it will not wind on again until released.

Faytallity
Tinkerer
Username: Faytallity

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First thing I did once I realised it wasn't working was replace the battery, actually. I'm pretty sure the last battery was really old though(the paint/outer coating came off if you touched it, although luckily it hadn't leaked everywhere yet). Do you think the old battery sitting in the camera for so long might've caused the problem?
Also, every time the film advance lever does work, it won't fire. And yet after awhile you can usually get it to wind on again?

Thank-you so much for your reply!

Roger7
Tinkerer
Username: Roger7

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I own a Fujica AX-3 camera. When the film is developed, a narrow red or yellow band spoils the prints at about quarter the width from the left-hand edge. This has tended to get worse over the past 5 years, leaving a much reduced useful image. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions from the members of this forum.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 101

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a light leak. The seals at the hinge end of the camera's back door have gone bad and need to be replaced. (The leak shows on the left side of the picture but is actually on the right side of the frame; the image is upside-down in the camera.) Our own Jon Goodman has posted instructions for this at this very website. Here's the link:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/seal/Fujica_AX3.pdf

Jon sells his seal kits on ebay under the name "interslice", and he ships worldwide. Jon's kits are the best and he's a really nice guy, too!

Bearscamera
Tinkerer
Username: Bearscamera

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fujica AX-3 with the Film Advance Lever stuck. Auto winder will not work. Is there a way to by pass the firing off part of resetting the advance?

Any help out there?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration