Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex 2.8E shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex 2.8E shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Huangy0410
Tinkerer
Username: Huangy0410

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Rolleiflex 2.8 has a strange problem. When I set the focus at nearest distance, the shutter can cock and fire. However, when I set the focus to a long distance, it fails to cock nor fire and lose me one shot of film. So every time I have to set to nearest distance for cocking and then set to normal focus for taking photo. What is the cause and how to repair? I open it and could not find anything wrong.

huangy0410

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 242

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem with a Primo Jr. I know the lens board is interfering with the shutter but I don't know why.

Treflip
Tinkerer
Username: Treflip

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem with an E model. It was working fine, but the advance was really stiff. I just removed the side panel, as I've done with several Rolleis and it now only cocks properly when the focus is at 2-3 ft. Does anyone know what adjustment must be made ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration