Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica S2 name plate removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica S2 name plate removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gbailes86
Tinkerer
Username: Gbailes86

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought this today and have spent hours pouring over these forums. It's in excellent exterior shape but it looks like the shutter is stuck (looks like a common problem). I am in the process of repairing this issue but I cannot for the life of me get the retainer ring off the camera to remove the name plate. I have tried everything recommended. There are slots for removal so I tried a hammer and screwdriver, and it will not turn. I also tried a balloon for grip but that didn't work either. In the process of trying, the first lens assembly (black part with name plate) now rotates 360 degrees which makes this that more difficult.

What else can I do to repair the shutter and get this thing off?

Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Floyd51930
Tinkerer
Username: Floyd51930

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I,ve been where you are,(see post about yashica lynx 14 broken studs).The good news is the ring can normally be undone with a proper two legged lens spanner, or a vernier caliper is good as well if you make the pointy bits a bit less pointy(file or grinder),and some times a drop of naptha(zippo lighter fluid on the thread, will sometimes loosen it. ..The bad news is if the front of the lens now turns, the locating lugs that stop the filter ring from rotating are probably sheared off, making your camera into a parts donor.( If I,m wrong, can somebody who knows a fix for this problem post a solution, I have two lynx 14s, with same problem)i know thats probably not made your day but thats how it sounds, cheers, Steve

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration