Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashicamat 124 Winding/Counter Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashicamat 124 Winding/Counter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Movin
Tinkerer
Username: Movin

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Problem with a Yashicamat 124.
In order to fix a faulty focusing arm I had to remove the Parts on the winding side. After reassembling the winding seems to work as it should until frame 11. If you try to advance from frame 10 to 11, the crank wouldn't turn the full way, but only some 40-50° until the Driving Claw (the spring loaded part of benath the crank) clears the semicircular part of the Winding Stopper Arm. Which in turn now snaps back (like it usually would at the and of its travel)and the camera jams.

Cocking and releasing the shutter and winding on would then stop at the proper frame. The same happens at the winding from frame 11 to 12.

I have a empty takeup spool in the camera. I hope
not that this causes the error.

I looked through the search function results, but could not find a solution to this particular problem. Hopefully someone already faced the same problem or can point me in the right direction.

Movin

Movin
Tinkerer
Username: Movin

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, it seems that the problem doesn't show up if a film is used instead of an empty takeup spool.
Is this normal or should the camera also wind through properly only with an empty spool used?

Movin

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera has a toothed wheel which presses against the film on the spool to measure the thickness and passage of film and make the winding mechanism work. I guess without film on the spool this system fails and you will get errors. Your camera is probably OK.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration