Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sticking aperture blades Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Sticking aperture blades « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rikkirutter
Tinkerer
Username: Rikkirutter

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 01:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently bought an old Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessar 50mm/2.8 for my Praktica, but the aperture blades keep sticking open. In Manual setting they (occasionally) behave themselves, but in Auto they just stay open at f/2.8. I've had the back off, and nothing seems wrong. Any advice gratefully received.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you referring to the black version with the plastic auto/manual switch?
I have worked on these before and remember that there are screws that position the stops for wide open and stopped down. On one example, the screw had become loose and would not allow the aperture to close down properly.
Also, check the position of the switch to make sure it is operating correctly.
I apologise for not being more specific, but I am working from memory. Perhaps you could post some photos?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration