Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica auto S2/1.6 CDS resistor repla... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica auto S2/1.6 CDS resistor replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Floyd51930
Tinkerer
Username: Floyd51930

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dont you hate it when a mint condition camera has some annoying problem?(meter not responding correctly).The Konica auto S1.6 that I just bought was one such beast. After some colorful language, I resolved to trawl thru my junk cameras that I was ready to toss out, and see if I could try some transplant surgery.The first candidate was a derelict Spotmatic. I was dubious at first because the resistor didnt look quite right ,but I perservered, and after removing a metal shroud that wraps around, and withdrawing the wires thru the plastic mounting block, the resistor is identical in size and appearance, and the leads are longer than the konica so after some soldering and praying, guess what!! It not only worked , it was spot on and didnt even require any compensation for the 1.5v battery. I guess the moral of the story is dont ever throw out junk cameras without stripping them down, regards, Steve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 43

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 04:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats on your work, I always strip junkers to the very last screw and store all components in marked boxes :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration