Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 Parts Needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica Electro 35 Parts Needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 72

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a really clean Yashica Electro 35 GT (GT means it's the black one). Playing around with it last night, I opened the back and then later came to find that the film rewind crank was missing. ?? Found it on the floor, and next to it was a small flat piece of shiny metal, so I picked up both.

Near as I can figure, when I used the rewind crank for the first time, a little flat metal clip that behaves as a spring broke from fatigue and allowed the rewind arm, and a small pin that locates it into the rewind plate assembly (whatever it's called), to fall out. And I'm pretty sure that little piece of shiny metal I found is the piece of the flat spring that broke off. It's about 1/4" square in measure and one end is bent over a bit.

So, it appears that what I need is the little pin that locates the rewind arm -- cuz I can't find the durn thing -- and the flat spring. Or, the entire rewind knob assembly from an Electro 35, and then I can cannibalize it for the parts I need.

Surely somebody here has a busted Yashica Electro they'd be willing to sell me a few parts off of?

Thanks,
Michael
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daleg
Tinkerer
Username: Daleg

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Electro GSN that I will sell for parts. It has the little flat spring intact. I will sell for $20 plus whatever it costs to ship from Maryland.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration