Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Locking pin on Konica Auto S2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Locking pin on Konica Auto S2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zakkattack
Tinkerer
Username: Zakkattack

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone advise if the part with the locking pin for the front lens assembly is easily transferable to another lens without cogs and springs going "sproing" everywhere ?.
Zakk

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 19

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That pin is usually riveted to the top plate of the Copal SVA escapement. AFAIK other Copal shutters resp those in other camera models do not have it. I have used other components, like cogs etc. of the escapement device of early Canonets' Copal SV shutters for repair purposes in Konicas, so maybe the spacing for the gear wheels is the same. In any case taking off the plate means total decomposition of the assembly and it is by no means easy to get everything together again, as that process demands patience and a steady hand.
I have, however, also soft-soldered back self-made replacement pins for lack of parts, this is a difficult job and previous taking off of that plate and careful cleaning off of flux afterwards is a must.

Floyd51930
Tinkerer
Username: Floyd51930

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 01:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, if my memory serves me correctly,the shutter speed escapement is the same as yashica minister 2,(looks the same ,anyway) maybe same as other ministers too.If you have an old junker you can try and replace the whole assembly.Dont undo both screws on the top plate(it will fly apart, and I wouldnt like to have to try reassembling it).You need to undo the lower screw on the top plate, but not the top one,(as seen in your photo),then undo the screw in the bottom plate of the escapement( about 11 oclock in your photo).Just partially loosen the two screws, just in case my memory is shot, if the entire assembly is loose when you wiggle it, you should be good to undo them and remove the whole thing.Just be careful to note any shims under the escapement, and put them back in the same spot.(may not have any)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration