Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 135mm ML c Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica 135mm ML c « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tintin
Tinkerer
Username: Tintin

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I was hoping that somebody could please help – I have a Yashica 135mm ML c which is full of fungus but otherwise in mint condition. So far I have managed to take off the back mount, carefully remove the aperture control and screw off the back element, (exposing the aperture blades from this side). This rear element / block, which was covered in Fungus has cleaned up perfectly so I am encouraged to proceed.

Now I am trying to get in from the front and have so far managed to unscrew the name ring but am stuck on what to do next. I am hoping that having got this far it will be a relatively straightforward task to remove the front block from the front side and then clean up the remaining elements. Is there anybody that can please advise me on how to proceed from here as I cannot see what to do next?

Many thanks in advance – Robert

p.s. This is my second lens repair - I did manage to repair a Tessar 50mm successfully so I have some but limited experience so far
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zuikopath
Tinkerer
Username: Zuikopath

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slightly late reply - did you get these front elements out...?

I'm in the middle of cleaning a Yashica 28mm ML and I'm having the same problem trying to remove the front element(s).

Also, I have removed the rear element group but I need to separate the two tiny rear lenses to clean some fungus - has anyone successfully achieved this...?

TIA

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration