Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FD Lens guts, reassembly help. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » FD Lens guts, reassembly help. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Canowhore
Tinkerer
Username: Canowhore

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Lens is a Tou/five star 75-200 f/4.5

I took the rear of it apart because i need to clean the diaphragm blades (oil, all over them) and upon learning that i might not be able to access them from the back, i decided to put it back together.
Everything is fine, except for the laaaast little bit. I'm putting the rear assembly thing back on (the part with all the little arm/levers) and i can get it on, i just don't know how the levers are supposed to be lined up with the guts. I hope that makes sense... i can make a little video if need be. The lack of any info is rather odd to me... but if you guys can help, i'd greatly appreciate it!

Xowhiplock
Tinkerer
Username: Xowhiplock

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not qualified to help, but I do have a suggestion... Use the dot that is used to mount the lens to the camera as "top" of lens. Look as another lens you have or the camera body to see the locaton of the these levers. Once you have everything in perspective (top to bottom), you should be able to figure it out from there. If there is someking of linkage issue internal to the lens not lining up, you will have to determing the positons of the lenses rings need to be in to assist with mating the back plate and linkage to the lens. If nothing looks right, you need to start over.

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 66

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need to understand what each lever on the mount does. I presume you have another FD mount lens. One lever tells the camera how many stops from wide open the lens is. The other lever controls whether the diaphragm should be wide-open (for focusing), or shut down to the selected aperture. Once you know that, poke at the places the internal levers could go, see which reads the ring, and which controls the diaphragm.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration