Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 35 Color Corrected Super 2.8 - ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Petri 35 Color Corrected Super 2.8 - Shutter Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lux_focus
Tinkerer
Username: Lux_focus

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a Kuribayashi Petri 35 Color Corrected Super 2.8 rangefinder camera and need to know how to fix the shutter. When the film advance/shutter cock is wound nothing happens when the shutter button is pressed. The winding is smooth all the way, but I don't feel or hear anything engaging. Focus ring, shutter speed ring and f-stop ring are smooth too.

I've never taken apart or messed with any camera's internal mechanisms so I'm new at this. I do think I could give it a try if it's not too complicated ie. lotsa springs etc.

Any advice (preferably with accompanying photos/illustrations) is very much appreciated. I would really like to use this camera since it came with many extras.

Lux_focus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...still waiting.

Anyone?

Help!

Keriivy
Tinkerer
Username: Keriivy

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this guy may be able to help you, I saw him mention in a comment thread on flickr that he fixed his and that if it's jammed it's a pretty easy fix. I have the same problem with the same camera.

http://www.flickr.com/people/24377855@N05/

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you perhaps just expecting too much, asking for help "preferably with accompanying photos/illustrations"?
I do not even own a digital cam, and if I had one I wouldn't probably know how to use it for close-up photography. Maybe a digicam is useful for certain purposes, but that is also true of firearms, and I do not have any either.

Lux_focus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took apart the camera. Seems that some mechanical parts for the shutter are missing. Whoever had this thing previously took out parts and never replaced 'em. No parts = no shutter worky.

I got it on eBay sold "as-is". Oh well...at least it will look good on the shelf.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 68

Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know how you feel. I won a Taron VR with the aux lens set and an original hood, and when it arrived it was not in working condition. Someone had done a cosmetic restoration on it, with some heavy buffing of the top plate; the rangefinder does not work; and the tele aux lens rattles due to loose elements, of which I think the front one was replaced with an ill fitting one. But it looks really cool sitting on the shelf with the aux finder on it. I could probably sell it to a collector cheap, but I don't want the hassle of someone getting it and complaining about the condition even after I would have spelled it all out in the advert.

And I didn't go to the trouble of getting my money back because I was in a collecting mood and really liked the looks of it. I also figured I could repair it later, but after researching the camera, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble, as they have a very low satisfaction level among the owners. I did leave the most negative feedback I could though.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration