Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Early Tenax Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Early Tenax « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krafty5260
Tinkerer
Username: Krafty5260

Post Number: 46

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings, friends,
Today, I received an early ZI Tenax that appears complete and working. The lens is nice and I'm excited - except, I can't get the blasted thing open. There's a knurled knob on the bottom that can be rotated with a finger and moved back and forth in a slot. It's marked "A" and 90 degrees out is "Z". I'm thinking it's going to be much easier to use this camera if I can get it open. This may also be, advance and rewind, but my German is insufficient. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Michael

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 68

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A = Auf (open). Z = Zu (closed). Sounds like the control to open the film back.

Fredtheoyster
Tinkerer
Username: Fredtheoyster

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It has to be turned and slid at the same time - I recall having a struggle with mine when I first got it, and managed to get it open eventually by trial and error.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 128

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It might be the kind of design where instead of being hinged, the whole back slides off (like the early Contax models). Those often need a bit of wiggling to get open. Pull down on the back, rather than lifting it straight off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration