Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Autocord Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Autocord « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michalis_dk
Tinkerer
Username: Michalis_dk

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was given an Autocord-RG with a problem; the film could not be advanced properly, if at all. I opened the side cover and by looking at it I thought that the exposure counter dial - which appeared to be missing some 'teeth' between exp.7 & 8 was the culprit. Had a look at another Autocord and saw that the dial was actually 'toothless' between 7&8. After some cleaning and experimenting I found that the problem was with a tired spring (thick arrow, bottom of photo) which caused the difficulty in advancing the film. After replacing it with another, shorter, spring the camera functions as it should.

MichaelAutocord

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration