Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm T* f1.4 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm T* f1.4 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pedroluque
Tinkerer
Username: Pedroluque

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody!
Iīm using a Contax 139Q with a 50mm Carl Zeiss T* 1.4. The thing is that the iris doesnīt close when shooting. Iīve tried everything, but the thing wonīt close.
It is possible that the lens sould have some switch, or lever, or something that prevents the iris to work? it was working fine until last month. any help will be highly appreciated.
some of the work made with the contax:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedroluque/5084366075/
Pedro.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 26

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That lens does not have a manual/auto switch. Do the blades open and close when off of the camera (when you manually move the lever on the back of the lens)?

Pedroluque
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the blades do not move at all. I bought this camera in Mexico DF (Donceles street, where the camera shops are), and had the very same problem. Pointed out, the guy who was selling it was able to fix. He said something about some safe, or lever, I canīt recall, inside the lens. I do not live there so I canīt take the camera to him again. But after that the camera worked perfectly fine until now.
thanks

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 28

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 06:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same lens (the non-MM version) and the aperture should close down as you turn the ring. The lever on the back will open it again. If this is not working, it sounds like something is broken. I haven't had this lens apart before, so I really don't know what to expect inside.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 67

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had many of these particular lenses through my repair shop with oily diaphragm blades. It's very likely that is the problem with yours as the blades will stay in the open position.

Pedroluque
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, it may be oily blades.
thanks everybody!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration