Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Can my Yashica electro 35 meter be fi... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Can my Yashica electro 35 meter be fixed? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Photoprincess
Tinkerer
Username: Photoprincess

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have just bought an Electro 35 and after adding the battery I have found that the meter does not work. Can anyone suggest anything or where I could get it fixed? The battery check light does not come on either even though my friend's works with the same battery.
Thank you

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 29

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The meter may be fine. If the battery check light is not working, it sounds like the camera is not getting power.
Check to make sure the battery contacts are clean. If there are any crusty deposits in the battery compartment, clean these with a cotton swab and vinegar. Try rubbing the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. You may even have to gently rub the contacts with sand paper to get them clean.

Juliard1
Tinkerer
Username: Juliard1

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you really get stuck, I can send you the relevant repair manual pages for this fix. Regards, Derek

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 191

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 01:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The complete manual is at http://www.scribd.com/doc/19302555/Yashica-Electro-35-Service-Manual

Josie
Tinkerer
Username: Josie

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like the no current is getting from the battery to the circuits inside the camera. Like waynemel said, the contacts should be cleaned. Also, the sticker showing a (+) on the inside of the battery cap should be scraped off and the metal under it cleaned. This sticker sometimes prevents the battery from making its connection, especially when using a PX28 battery instead of the original type. If it still doesn't work, the top cover of the camera will have to come off and you will have to check to see if the white wire is still attached to the top of the battery case. Really good instructions for taking the top off are found here. http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/electro_inside/index.html
Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration