Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya Press 50mm focusing adjustment. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya Press 50mm focusing adjustment. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ah693973
Tinkerer
Username: Ah693973

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I've just picked up a Mamiya Press Super 23 with the 100mm 3.5 and 50mm 6.3. Everything was pretty dirty and there were lots of little fixes required but things are looking pretty good now except the 50mm doesn't focus to infinity.

The 50mm seems like the focusing ring needs to turn another 1/8 to 1/4 inch (4-8mm) to hit good infinity focus (checked with ground glass on the film holder). The range finder also seems to match the lens well and shows two images at infinity. It just seems that there is a stop in the wrong place to allow the lens to go to infinity.

Before I dig into the lens, I thought I would ask if anyone has experience or suggestions to share.

Thanks,

Andy

Ah693973
Tinkerer
Username: Ah693973

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just wanted to follow up on this if someone runs across this thread in the future.

It is a really easy adjustment. Just undo the three setscrews holding the focus ring to the lens and move it to where it should go. Tighten the setscrews and you are good to go.

Andy

Trunker
Tinkerer
Username: Trunker

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

necro-ing this thread to say thanks cos i just got in a couple of universals and the 100mm f2.8 has this problem.

thanks for the tip, i'll be trying it out soon.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration