Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikomat EL Shutter Speed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikomat EL Shutter Speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Torein
Tinkerer
Username: Torein

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,
I stumbled across your great forum this evening while searching google for help with an old film camera I purchased on ebay.

I have a Nikomat EL which from my understanding is the japanese version of the Nikkormat EL.

The issue that I'm having is that regardless of the shutter speed setting it takes a picture at the same speed.

I was hoping it was a battery issue so I purchased a new 6v Lithium Ion battery. The battery indicator light comes on and the light meter now works.

There was also some issue with the shutter button not working but it was because some loose screws in the bottom of the camera. I reattached them and its shutter works fine now.

Any advise on things to try to see if I can get the shutterspeed to anything different than the default would be helpful.

I've already tried switching it from flash sync to ambient light. I've also tried the bulb setting and every speed setting in between. As well as change the iso down the lowest setting. Nothing so far works.

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration