Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fixing Canon FDn 100mm f/2.8. Stuck a... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fixing Canon FDn 100mm f/2.8. Stuck and I need help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Agoglanian
Tinkerer
Username: Agoglanian

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys,

Well after feeling bold and fixing the lens mount on my T90 I thought "Gee it can't be that much more difficult to do the same for my wobbly 100mm."

Well, it turns out I was wrong. I'm stuck and not sure how to proceed.

Basically the issue with my lens was that the lens mount was quite wobbly and I could shift the lens in any direction while it was mounted on a camera.

I removed the screws holding the rear mount and carefully removed the full thing. I found the loose screws and tightened them with a PH00 screwdriver.

I ran into trouble when trying to put the mount back into place as I'm not sure how things are supposed to be. I eventually did get it rebuilt but I lost control of the aperture. It was stuck wide open.

Does anyone know how to re-assemble FD lenses that can guide me through this?

Thanks!

- Abram
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Agoglanian
Tinkerer
Username: Agoglanian

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I apologize I just realized someone asked a similar question to mine regarding a 3rd party lens.

I didn't mean to clutter, I promise!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration