Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 ISO selection plate se... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Auto S2 ISO selection plate seating « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Asfarley
Tinkerer
Username: Asfarley

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I've just cleaned the shutters on a Konica Auto S2 and I'm having some trouble re-seating the cut out metal plate during reassembly. I have read that the plate needs to hold the ISO selection detente under tension, but the pivoting bar with the pin keeps popping out. Does this make sense?

Asfarley
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update: There are several pins that need to fit into the cutout silver plate and the brass plate: a black pin at near 12 oclock, a brass pin on the outside that can rotate, and a silver pin on a lever near 9 oclock.

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 40

Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 02:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

#1 Do not believe anything other people write (or say).
#2 Look here instead ... http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html?repair/KonicaAutoS2/KonicaAutoS2.html~Ma in ("Konica Auto S2 overhaul")
#3 ... and here http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/index.php?page=copalmxv
#4 Until not so long ago someone who went by the name of "Harryrag" often responded to questions related to the Auto S2 and seemed to have more than basic knowledge, but he/she obviously, like the others in the following link, have possibly quit for good, but the lengthy discussion they had contains some basic information about the camera, so look her for details https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/18202.html
The debate also offers basic info on tinkering matters in general.

Asfarley
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you... actually the stuff I referred to was the feuerbacher website, it was just a little unclear to me at first, but it works fine now. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration