Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica ML 50mm f2 Aperture Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica ML 50mm f2 Aperture Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Situs
Tinkerer
Username: Situs

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm having trouble correctly reassembling the aperture mechanism of the lens. Please advise on how to properly install it back. Here's a picture

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5300/5501171639_096a6d2826.jpg

RED CIRCLE:
I think I'm sure that the spring and ball is placed here, for the aperture clicks.

BLUE CIRCLE:
This is where I'm lost, no matter how I try to reassemble, I can't stopdown the aperture, I can only widen the aperture. I think this is where my problem lies, if there are no parts apart from the ball, spring and the mount, then the way I'm installing it must be wrong.

Parts I have left to assemble(Please tell me if I'm missing some parts):

- Ball and spring and the circular metal for clicking the aperture
- Mount

Situs
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

help

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 200

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The picture is a bit too small to see. But this looks similar to Zeiss lenses (not surprising as they came from the same factory). You may need to tension the aperture mechanism before fitting the mount. Is there a lever on the mount that engages the aperture mechanism? Typically this will be the wrong side of the other lever it couples with.

Sorry if that's a bit vague.

Situs
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i placed a rubber band for tension in aperture mechanism, works to stopdown the aperture but it's too tight and keeps going back to f11 when stopped down to f16. i'm still confused if i am missing a part or something, am i missing something?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration