Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vitessa L (2?) - exposure meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vitessa L (2?) - exposure meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dimitri2610
Tinkerer
Username: Dimitri2610

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all. I recently acquired a Vitessa L. I think it's an L2 (exposure meter, bubble front, to ASA200, Ultron). Super condition and rangefinder is spot on. However, against my Bessa T the exposure meter is maybe 2 stops off. It would be nice (though not essential) to get it correct. Four screws on top suggest it could be easy to take off, but as the A-F speeds dial is coupled to a setting knob on the back maybe it's not so simple. Also, I've seen instructions for Vitessa T, it looks similar, which indicate top has to be taken off to get at meter. Anyone know? I don't want to loosen those top 4 screws for no good reason. Surprisingly little info on servicing the Ls and Ns on the net, compared with the Ts. Is this just because they are so complicated? Beautiful camera though.
Also, anyone know how to date from serial nos? Number of lens is 3994832 and on shutter 1894453. Haven't seen one on the body; most quotes of serial number seem to be referring to the lens ( 7 digits in same range).
Finally, all the info I've seen suggests that filters/lens hood etc are push on, but mine is internally threaded (and came with a Lifa UV filter).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration