Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet 19 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet 19 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gouranga
Tinkerer
Username: Gouranga

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey,

Been trying on and off for a while to get this canonet working. Ive use loads of lighter fluid to try stop the shutter from sticking, and done so on many occasions.

It was firing OK for a while, but now the shutter seems jammed and wont fire at all. The shutter button moves down halfway, but wont go the whole distance.

Also, the aperture blades seem sticky, and never open past about 1/3 of the way without the aid of a screwdriver lightly touching them. Although, when the shutter button is depressesed, they stop down to fully closed, and always spring back to fully open afterwards.

I imagine it must be something in the actual lens, as opposed to sticky aperture blades? As far as I can see the only way to actually get into the guts of the lens is to remove the leatherette, is this correct?

Ive currently got both lens' out (front and back), and im still trying lighter fluid to no avail.

Any help much appreciated!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gouranga
Tinkerer
Username: Gouranga

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after some fiddling, the shutter is firing again. Although, I think the meter is now broken, as it never seems to change.

The aperture blades also seem to be working ok now, and I didnt even do anything :S

Think I might put it back in the drawer for a few days, see if its still working then.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration