Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodascope Sixteen 10 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodascope Sixteen 10 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Horar
Tinkerer
Username: Horar

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Kodascope Sixteen 10 16mm silent projector -- a model marketed between 1941 and 1952. It is missing the drive belts for both reels plus the owner's manual. Any idea how I could acquire the two belts and how to install them correctly? Also, I'm looking for a reasonably priced place in or near western Connecticut which could repair a 16mm sound projector of mine.

Barnum
Tinkerer
Username: Barnum

Post Number: 198

Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not that conversant with projectors, but possibly the original belts were of metal coil construction? One alternative may be washing machines/spin dryers etc. Some belts, say to the pump were(are?)quite fine. It might sound silly, but my little lathe is part washing machine. Some old tape recorders might be another source. Just as a point of interest,parts of my classic cars have been part Hotpoint. I used to quip that it put a new slant of the expression about going out for a spin.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 75

Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My reference shows that your projector uses two wire belts for take up and rewind. The diameter of the take up wire belt is .111 inch (10.75" in length) and the rewind belt is .126 inch (11.25" in length). If you can't find them, I do have wire projector belts available although my diameter belts are .100" and .140" which is close and might work. You will have to cut to length and form hooks on the end of the belt to connect end to end as they are a nominal length of 12". PM me if interested.
Regards,
Bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration