Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica fx-d /stuck film forward lever/ Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica fx-d /stuck film forward lever/ « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Volunteer
Tinkerer
Username: Volunteer

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and tried to perform a search about my particular problem, but couldn't find any. I tried google also, but can't seem to find suitable solution. This is my first try in repairing the analog camera, so be gentle.

Well, the film advance lever on my fx-d is stuck. I removed the bottom cover. When I moved the small lever painted red towards the lens, I could normally advance the film advance lever and place it into position. But, when I hit the shutter button, it doesn't do anything.

http://i.imgur.com/UiC3n.jpg

Do you have any idea what could I try?

Trooper
Tinkerer
Username: Trooper

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Might seem a silly question but have you checked that the batteries are ok as the shutter wont fire if they are dead.Brian.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 207

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem is that the shutter hasn't fired (I think you've realised that) and the lever is the wind-lock which will get released once the shutter fires. As Trooper suggests, batteries is the place to start. If not that, the shutter release button can be a problem or, if not that the release magnet. The shutter release button can be got at by removing the top cover. The magnet (I think) is under the mirror box and means removing the mirror box completely to get at it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration