Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Disc 4100 Battery Check Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Disc 4100 Battery Check « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lgdavis
Tinkerer
Username: Lgdavis

Post Number: 36

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got a nice Kodak disc 4100 camera and would like to see if it works. I understand that the batteries are built into the camera. I notice there's expired film discs occassionally on eBay - but not cheap. Before trying to buy film I wanted to know if the batteries are dead. Does anyone know if the motor should turn or the shutter should fire by pushing the release button without film loaded, or is a film disc required? Or might there be another way short of splitting the body open to check the batteries? Thanks. Larry
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 77

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you even get the disks developed? This is another one of Kodak's dead-end systems, and there is not much in the way of support for it out there.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration