Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sr T sc Minolta Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Sr T sc Minolta « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bbq_man
Tinkerer
Username: Bbq_man

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I HAVE AN OLD MINOLTA LISTED ABOVE ............sr T sc Minolta... I'VE OWNED IT FOR ABOUT 30 PLUS YEARS AND BOUGHT IT USED, FROM A PRIVATE DETECTIVE.
IN THE 80,s & 90,s I used it all the time and loved it, as it took really nice photos .........during the 90's the camera gave trouble (seems like it quit winding the film - but I'm not sure that was the problem) .
I also have a couple other lens that are either wide angle and one that is quite strong for distant shots. ........... and the camera has a bayonette type lens.
I looked at your forum site today.
I'm hoping to find someone knowledgable about the camera .. and am also wondering if I could locate another camera with the bayonette style to use my lens ........... in case my camera is not able to be repaired....... seems like one time about 15 yrs ago a repair estimate was real expensive. ???????????
I'm hoping you can give me some advice.

Thank you;

Charles Shipley

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 271

Posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most of us love the Minolta SRT range of cameras but 'sc' doesn't ring any bells. Could the black paint have rubbed off the lettering and your model is the 'Super' version?? These mechanical models are not difficult to repair, but if you want a replacement the SRT 101 is plentiful and can be obtained quite cheaply.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 116

Posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That was a camera sold exclusively by the JC Penney chain of discount stores in the US:

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Minolta_SR-T_series

It was almost identical to the SRT-200.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration