Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM2-SP Top plate removal. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » OM2-SP Top plate removal. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kongzi
Tinkerer
Username: Kongzi

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 05:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does any one here have any experience in taking the top off an OM2-SP? I've removed the winder lever, the rewind knob, four screws and it's not even slightly budging, meaning I've probably missed a trick some where (or something obvious!).

The reason for the top removal is to re-seat the LCD meter read out as it has moved in the viewfinder to the left :-(

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 231

Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe this helps?
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/tutorials/OM-1CoverRemoval/index.html

Regards
Martin

Kongzi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 02:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Msiegel, thanks for the link. The top plate is different to the OM1, there is a bit more going on, so to speak. I've found the following since posting this thread, which is OM2-SP specific;

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/11902/OLYMPUS_olympusOM-2s.html

This helped, I managed to get more of the function switch apart, I just need to understand the film advance lever and iso selection knob better. I think I'm going to need a spanner wrench too! :D

If any one has done this before I'd still be grateful for tips.
M

Kongzi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK well I broke it quite badly today, although i did get the top off, it was a couple of ring/washer type bit to unscrew under the rewind/advance levers and removal of the ISO dial is required.

I broke the aperture selection system, snapped the nylong string, so it s a write off now,

Ahh well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration