Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica-Mat LM Test Roll Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica-Mat LM Test Roll « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shando
Tinkerer
Username: Shando

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm new to the vintage cam thing, been admiring MF TLR shots for a while so picked up a cheap Yashica-Mat LM from fleabay for a steal, see it here http://www.flickr.com/photos/shando_/5577558932/

It winds okay and the aperture adjusts alright, the shutter release appears to works okay too so before committing to tarting it up and giving a shot at some restoration I want to run a roll of film through it, any recommendations as to which film? I will probably shoot both outdoors and indoors both hand held and with tripod.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 223

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd take fine grain film, to see whether it focuses properly. Slide film, if you don't have other measures of testing shutter speeds (make sure you know the proper exposure for a given scene, else you are going to hunt it around).
Marek

Shando
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

stuck in a roll of Fuji Velvia 100 yesterday and had a wander around Soho & Chinatown (London). It was pretty cool that strangers stopped me in the street to chat about the camera, one guy started chatting about how he used to shoot with a Rollie turns out it was photographer Laurie Asprey who's photographed all the Rock legends! He has an exhibition on at Proud London, had a great chat with with him.

Shando
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PS. I checked settings form the built in meter on the Yashica against my Canon digi and they were bang on the same!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration