Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Question about battery drain on Rolle... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Question about battery drain on Rollei 35SE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alanwilder
Tinkerer
Username: Alanwilder

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently I picked up a Rollei 35SE and installed a new 6V silver oxide V27PX cell. The meter was accurate to within 1/2 stop compared to my other meters. After testing the camera for less than a day, the battery drained to the point that the LEDs no longer lit. The battery voltage indeed had gone down to about 4.7V. I figured about 50-70 shutter actuations and about 10 of them were on "B" for several seconds. Would this be enough to drain the battery that much? Interestingly, after waiting a few hours, the battery voltage did go back up to 6V and was fully functional. So my question is this, is there a problem with the cameras electronics or is this typical of silver oxide cells? Could it also just be this particular battery?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration