Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen F FT lightmeter spring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Pen F FT lightmeter spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Standreww_warhola
Tinkerer
Username: Standreww_warhola

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

after unscrewing the golden plate of the lightmeter of my Olympus Pen F FT
a little spring jumped out.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/aerts_/pentop.jpg
Does anyone knows where it should be attached?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/aerts_/veertjeOlympusPenFFT.jpg

thanks in advance

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 16

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The right-angled hook goes to the front of the meter (with the lens to the front), with the hook pointing toward the lens. It is placed right of the small square notch at the front left of the meter plate you removed.

Top view of Pen FT meter

Standreww_warhola
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I think i've got it back in to place.
I'm not sure if I've got the other hook in its right place.

And the tiny screw in the middle, what is its purpose?

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure about the screw -- not having taken the meter apart. But based on the observation that it is co-axial with the meter coil, my guess is that it has something to do with adjusting the pressure of the bearing that the coil pivots on.

BTW, the wire in the opening at the lower edge of the meter cover plate is the meter needle (the one visible in the viewfinder), not the end of the spring.

Bob

Standreww_warhola
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The meter is working again.
Not the right exposure, but it reacts on light again. Beter than without the spring. :-)
And after a couple of hours, I think it's better to leave it closed.

I think the middle screw is for centering the needle. Around the middle screw is again a spring and a magnet.
It took a wile to get it back in position.
At first the meter didn't react on light anymore.
Than I gave up, and screwed everything back together.

And sudden, it's responding to light again.

An other odd thing I've noticed, on your photo just beneeth the green wire you've got 3 electric modules (don't know the right word in english).
If I'm right it's for low light and high light metering.
On my camera there are only two.
Maybe mine is older or something.

Thanks for helping!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration