Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FD400mm f/4.5 Tripod Mount Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon FD400mm f/4.5 Tripod Mount « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hjohn
Tinkerer
Username: Hjohn

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received this lens in a bundle of camera equipment, and it is fantastic, works great, clean and sharp. Only problem it came without the Tripod Mount. It is a heavy piece of glass to hand hold for long. I can't seem to find a source, not a surprise, for an original mount ring. Any ideas? Any idea of the diameter of the ring and if I can substitute one from anything in the EF series. Would love to find a way to fit one on the lens.

Hjohn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, getting no response, anyone know if the tripod mount on the Canon FD 85-300mm f/4.5 is the same as the one on the Canon FD 400mm f4/5. I have found a parts lens that is 85-300, but don't know if they ring is the same. Any of you Canon guys with the parts manuals, or microfiche? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 45

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In order to find the diameter why not measure the circumference and divide this size by 3.14 ?

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 909

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They look similar, but part numbers are different - this is quite common so items could be the same. You should be aware that the tripod mounts for the breech FD and the nFD lenses are different in appearance, so make sure you get the mount for the correct series of lenses just in case there is a difference in diameter between old and new series.

Hjohn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn, thanks, will double check and make sure its the same series.
Reborn, I can and have measured my lens, just don't have the tripod ring, nor the 85-300 to measure, hoping someone here had those so I could compare.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration