Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Xa2 rewind button stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Xa2 rewind button stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Orteke
Tinkerer
Username: Orteke

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i just got my a xa2 from ebay, im having a problem with loading the film it seems that the problem is because i cant do anything on the rewind button it just dosent move.
i put the film in but when i advance the film just dont go foward.
can anyone plz help?

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well the button is unstuck now but the teeth from the winding mechanism dont go forward when i advance the film anyone can help?

Rvn
Tinkerer
Username: Rvn

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you elaborate a bit more? Does shutter release work? A battery check?

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes the shutter work, the battery check is working, the only thing is that those little plastic teeth were the film attach dont go foward when i wind the film.they are not stuck because i can turn them with my fingers when back dor is open.
but shouldnt they move when i wind the camera?
apart from this everything seems to work, diferent time expuseres depending on the light and everything.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm. Sounds like film sprocket "clutch" not properly engaged. Try to remove bottom cover and have a look. See pg. 9 of olympus xa service manual from this site as I understand film transport is identical.

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

its already open ;). all the clutch run when i wind it. i think it may be inside but dont know how to get there.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, next step is slider cover and front cover removal :-) Make sure not to lose spring-loaded roller which locks the slider. And one of front-cover screws is inside, near take-up spool

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cant seem to take the red firing button out.
kinda scared of braking it. any trick?
and wat glue should i use to glue it back?

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well just realiza i dont need to take the red button out.
but still i cant get to the sprocket teeth plus i think i can put the winding numbers workin proply but theres no problem with that for as long i can advance the film propely.
so now im stuck again with no ideas for geting to the sprocket teeth

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my xa2 at least it's held by 3 screws.. Or do you mean piezo beeper next to release button? I guess it's easier to unsolder wires from the main pcb.

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no i laready take out the bottom top and from plates, but still i dont have a way to reach the sprockt teeth mechanism thats located in the bottom.
in your xa2 when you wind the film those little teeth also move rigth? that wat makes the film go forward?

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep. It seems entire shutter/lens assembly needs to be taken out to get there. It's not that complicated if you keep good record what you doing (digi ps helps a lot). First remove the viewfinder, lens/shutter plate is held by 4 screws at front and one at bottom.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, the film is moved by sprocket teeth.

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i unscrew those screws but it looks lit the mnechanism is not coming out, its loose but hiting in a piece os the main plastic in the front buttom.
by the way thank you for the helping ;)

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

its hiting exactly in the place where the tripod mount is located.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No problem ;)
It's a bit tricky to pull out and especially to put back :-) Try lifting one or another side first, uscrew flash activation lever and unscrewing of focusing lever might help. Unsolder some of the wires, at least battery and film door switch near frame counter.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And watch out for washers under front screws

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i got to the problem of it,
its the spring with the serial number ce312500 and the button zk735000 that is not fiting with the piece ce312100. wat wappens is that they are not matching to put the sprockt teeth move its like if its allways loose. now im havin a big harheach to find how to place them correctly and see magic happening;)
but i having problens even to match the 2 pieces withou the spring.

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hard to tell from the diagram.. Is there any deformation/dirt/old grease etc?

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it was very dirty but i cleand it and now im mounting it again. everything seems to work well now.
the only thing is that it looks like i made tiny scracth in the lens :-(.
anyway this was my first time fixing a camera nad i think i made a nice job with your help ;)
lets hope the scracth dont mess with the pictures..

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't worry small scratches are never a problem. OTOH camera acquisition and repair syndrome (cars?) is quite nasty ;)

Orteke
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

everything running smoothly except now when i wind the numbers dont move for now il shot a roll to see if everything else is nice. i was expecting having to work on this cam as i only pay 25 euros on ebay for 3 cameras being this one of them ;) the others were agfa synchro box and a agfa isola II both of them look new and fully working.
many thanks Rvn

Rvn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome. And good luck with your agfas.
BTW frame counter should be easy fix. Look for bent levers/springs, try rotating dial with finger, check film door sensing lever properly engaged. Whole counter/advance wheel assembly held by only two screws and easy to remove and inspect.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration