Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen EE S Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Pen EE S « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Earlyzoo
Tinkerer
Username: Earlyzoo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have directions for cleaning up this camera. I have found two sources but my model is put together differently. I bought camera from Goodwill, sometimes the camera's shutter works but not in the ASA modes. I need to check the battery but cannot completely remove the front element to check the needle movement. Thanks

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 243

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Needle movement? I have one and there is no such thing in mine.

Mr_tomcat123
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_tomcat123

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Pen EE S needs no batteries. The selenium cells around the lens provides metering (such magical materials! :D) However, they will also stop you from taking a shot if the light level is too low. Sounds like you're trying to shoot in a not very bright environment?

Think the "longest exposure" Pen EE S goes is 1/40 at iso200... which means in typical indoor lighting, it is too dark for it to fire. That also means the Pen EE S is basically a "daytime camera"

Please note that selenium cells will also die over time. A simple test to see if the selenium cells are still working:
- go to ASA mode
- cock the shutter
- block off the lens (of course, also block off the selenium cells)
- try to fire the shutter. If a little red flag pops up in your viewfinder and you cannot fire the shutter, your camera is working fine.

The shutter should always fire in f-stop mode because the camera assumes a flash has been attached

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration