Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35 TE Meter does not turn off Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rollei 35 TE Meter does not turn off « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Astroturtle
Tinkerer
Username: Astroturtle

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I have a Rollei 35 TE where the meter works but never shuts off. Metering is spot on but the LEDs in the viewfinder are always on even with the lens retracted. The manual says the meter should auto-off after 10 seconds. Has anyone ever seen this behavior? Any ideas where to start looking to fix this?

Thanks,
astroturtle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Astroturtle
Tinkerer
Username: Astroturtle

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I couldn't find any answers to this anywhere so I took the plunge and tried the repair myself. I was lucky and the meter issues was only a bit of corrosion causing a short.

Since info on the TE/SE seemed so scarce, I put together a page documenting that, opening the camera and a few other fixes:

http://astroturtle.com/wp/2011/04/rollei-35-te-repairs/

Hope that's handy to someone out there...

Take care,
astroturtle

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration