Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help!!! yashica gtn stucked shutter l... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help!!! yashica gtn stucked shutter leaf??? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tjahaja_baroe
Tinkerer
Username: Tjahaja_baroe

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everybody,,,i'm new here,,,well i have a wrecked ye gtn, i guess the shutter leaf is jammed,,,

is it really a jammed shutter leaf???as you can see inside the lens that won't fully closed, even i press the shutter nothing is happen,,,it's not the aperture blade,,,

so i would like to DIY fixing to my ye gtn ( i'm just a college boy,,,i can't afford the service price if i send my gtn to mark hama or camerafurb/b1bmsgt/russ and i live in Indonesia so the shipping price would be very expensive maybe the service price+shipping is about 250 US $),,,

i've read the yashica electro repair manual and yashica guy site about dismantling and repairing the electro, but i have no idea about my gtn 'disease',,,well to cure something you have to know what kind of disease you've got, right??

so what do you think about my gtn??is it a jammed shutter leaf or other failure?? what should i do to fix it???also i have to replace the pod and lightseals,,,

thanx a lot,,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Juliard1
Tinkerer
Username: Juliard1

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, That is a common problem with the Electro. There are several good posts with photos on fixing it. I usually unscrew the outer lens elements and use a small amount of lighter fluid followed by a very small dusting of graphite powder once it has dried. It usually does the trick.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration