Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leningrad cap on motor wind knob Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Leningrad cap on motor wind knob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Georgeboosh
Tinkerer
Username: Georgeboosh

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Gomz Leningrad rangefinder with spring motor wind-on and I have a query about the cap that fits on the motor wind knob that is held on by two set screws and needs to be removed to get to the main spring of the motor. My particular camera is missing the set screws that hold this cap on and I can't seem to remove the cap.

I assumed it is not threaded although I have tried screwing it both ways but don't want to use too much force. I thought it should lift off once the set screws are removed so maybe it has been glued in place because the set screws are missing.

Can anyone with experience of servicing Leningrads give me any advice about how this cap is normally removed? (I am aware about the dangers of the main spring and always ensure there is no tension in the spring before working on it.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration