Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM10 counter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM10 counter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sally
Tinkerer
Username: Sally

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I just bought an old Olympus OM10 and the counter doesn't work. It is stuck on 'E' and won't turn, even if I push in the reset pin in the back of the camera. When I first got it the back of the camera did not spring open like it should, but after a few times opening and closing it worked fine. Could the two be connected? I also just noticed that the shutter might be a bit sticky, and so needs to be cleaned. Would this effect the frame counter?

Any help with this would be really appreciated! I have never really repaired a camera before, but this is the third OM10 I have ordered from Ebay (first one completley broken, second one lost in the post) and so I am really desparate to get this to work now!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 83

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The light seals need to be replaced, as evidenced by the sticky film door. Then most likely some of the seal has gotten into the counter mechanism, which is quite common, and has stuck it on 'Empty'. You can see the reset lever in the upper door channel on the right, just below the transport lever. See if there is some stuff blocking the lever from going into the body of the camera. You might see a bulge in the door where the reset lever has pushed on it.

A sticky shutter will not affect the counter, as that is a function seperate from the counter, but it will need cleaning. It's CLA time!

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration