Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit 122, rewind lever problem. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zenit 122, rewind lever problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kaqui
Tinkerer
Username: Kaqui

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone, first than all, I'm not english native speaker so I may misspell some words or something.
I'm new to camera collecting, in Chile its a bit difficult to find cameras at good prices, and I bought two Zenit 122 cameras at a good price, but one has problems with the rewind lever, its missing, but that's not my problem, because I can replace it with another one in order to make it work.
I was trying to take the screw out, but I pushed it inside the camera and the whole rewind shaft fell inside the film compartment. I had to dismantle all the camera in order to open the film compartment. I took the rewind shaft and tried to put it in the tubular hole where it was, but it doesn't fit. I observed the mechanism and noticed that it doesn't fit because the lock system was connected to the shaft from the inside, I think it was with pressure.
I need to know how to put the shaft back in its place in order to continue repairing it, the camera shutter works and everything, and I would like to use it, but I cant shot if I can't even wind the film into the spool and back to the canister.
Thanks!

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 70

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, ok, you need to move the "thing" in the shaft out of the way with a thin jeweler's screwdriver while pushing the rewind shaft back in place. I don't have a Zenit but this is how I do it on other camera that work like that.

Canuck_curt
Tinkerer
Username: Canuck_curt

Post Number: 37

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An easy way to reinsert the shaft is to gently file a small slant on one side of the shaft just beneath the threaded part where is widens out. As you reinsert the shaft, make sure this sloped side faces out toward the outside edge of your camera. There is a thin spring like wire that runs across the hole and catches this shoulder to open the camera back. Usually a slight filing will allow this spring to slide right past and allow thw shaft back in. Hope this helps, just don't get too carried away with the file.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration