Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super Shutter Stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax ME Super Shutter Stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rachelvanity
Tinkerer
Username: Rachelvanity

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have bought a Pentax Me Super from ebay. I used one roll of film in it, and shortly after the camera went ca-put. The film didn't even come out. The mirror stuck, the shutter stuck, and there was no resistance on the advance.

Today I received the same camera from my dad, it seemed fine, now the shutter is stuck. There IS resistance on the advance and the mirror is NOT stuck, but the shutter is stuck closed and there is no "click" when I press it.

Now, the first on (ebay) seems just fine after a friend of mine played with it (have not tested with film)

However the newer one from my father has some, you know, sentimental value, so I'd prefer that one to work.

Shutter stuck (closed)
Advance works
Mirror seems to work just fine (not stuck)

Any suggestions?

Rachelvanity
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 09:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ps: The battery is new, and light meter is working as well.

Shutter is unresponsive on all modes (Auto, M, 125X and B)

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 117

Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's an article, from our very own Henry Taber:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/pentaxmeramblings.html

If you'd like your Dad's camera professionally repaired, Eric Hendrickson is the Pentax man:

http://pentaxs.com/

Good luck!

Rachelvanity
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was hoping not to take the camera apart, due to the fact that I'd probably do all kinds of harm instead of good.

I was also hoping this is just a small thing I'm overlooking since everything else seems to be in good order except the shutter.

Usually (everything I've found on forums) it's the triple threat of advance, mirror, and shutter. I can't find anything on JUST shutter.

I have been to Eric's website and considered that if I can't find a resolution.

Thank you for the links.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration