Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help with Sonnar 85/2.8 in c/y m... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Need help with Sonnar 85/2.8 in c/y mount « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Naaldvoerder
Tinkerer
Username: Naaldvoerder

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

My Sonnar 85mm/2.8 has oil on the diafragm-blades. I try to service the lens myself but have trouble "entering " the lens. I removed the front lensgroup and i can remove the bayonet and the i'm stuck. I can't remove the irisassembly from the front and I can not enter the lens from the rear. I photographed the process so far. I hope someone can give me a good tip on how to proceed with this lens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101066142895334045617/Sonnar

Thanks

Jaap Jan

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 282

Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off, other than a Yashica ML 50/1.7 I haven't worked on any C/Y mount lenses. Picture 7 appears to show 2 holes in the iris cover plate,?? Are screws accessable from there, or can the whole plate be unscrewed? Before trying that scribe the position of the plate as its orientation with respect to the inner barrel will determine the maximum opening of the iris at full aperature. This is a critical adjustment on many lenses.
If this approach doesn't go anywhere, try unscrewing the whole rear optical group, use the outside spanner slots, (not the inner set as that will only unscrew the ring holding the rear element). There is no need to remove the mount.
With all the glass out you will be able to remove all the oil from the blades.

Naaldvoerder
Tinkerer
Username: Naaldvoerder

Post Number: 7

Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I succeeded! Was able to get the apertureassembly out, rinse in lighterfluid and reassemble!!! Need some better tools, I guess. I uploaded a picasaweb album with more pics to clarify.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101066142895334045617/Sonnar#

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration