Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

1904 Kodak No. 2 Folding Brownie Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » 1904 Kodak No. 2 Folding Brownie Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tinkerer
Username: 120

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 02:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, I have just recently acquired a Kodak No.2 Folding Brownie Model A, and I was wondering if anybody here had any restoration tips, and repair information for the Brownie Automatic shutter. Any information is very much appreciated.

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 36

Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my experience the old Kodak folder shutters seldom have anything broken inside. Usually, it is just a matter of a little cleaning with some lighter fluid that is needed. My suggestion would be to remove the lens and the top cover of the shutter and to just reach in to swab down the works with a brush with Ronsonol. If that kind of minimally invasive intervention doesn't yield the desired result, there could be a misplaced spring. The shutters are very simple in their construction but also a little delicate because of the soft metal parts, so proceed cautiously with moving things around.

Tinkerer
Username: 120

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much for the advice, it is most appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration