Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SIGMA FD Zoom - Help with unknown piece! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » SIGMA FD Zoom - Help with unknown piece! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 39

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone. I need some advice to recognize this little piece that fell off from the lens when I was disassambling it for repair (actually, the original problem is solved). The thing is that I can't figure out where the heck does this little fellow belong or what function it does in which mechanism. There is no mark or place that I can see for it to fit. Also, I didn't seen anything like it before.
This is the first time I try to repair a FD lens, so I tried to search for some disassy tips for that matter, here in the forum and in the Rick Oleson's notes but Sigma lenses seem to differ from canon tipical stuff.

The part is this

This is the rear group and the diaphragm pins

The mount locking system...

And these closeups of those three rings.

The part felt down when I was putting appart the mount mechanism tings, and the next trhee ones.

I can reassy the whole thing again but this missing pice is driving me crazy.
I hope some of you have any experience or guess that can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 40

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and just another pic to show you as a size reference:

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 82

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not familiar with this particular lens, but since you said it is an FD mount, my guess is that the part is the A/M pin. This pin is pushed outward from the mount when the diaphragm is set on "A" and pushes in a pin on the camera body. Looking at a Canon mount lens from the rear with the diaphragm index mark at 12 O'clock, the A/M pin opening will be at around 4 O'clock.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration