Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon takes fuzzy pictures and winder... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon takes fuzzy pictures and winder seems to stick? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Linda959
Tinkerer
Username: Linda959

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 13, 2011 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I purchased a canon AE-1 from ebay...he said it had worked great but just has
not used it in many years. while trying it out..I feel like the winder is
sticking somewhat..all the pictures if they take turn out very fuzzy. Is there
a way to oil or clean these old cameras? I am wanting to take a photography
class in the fall. Can you
suggest anything?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1133

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Linda: A camera like that can be serviced, but with the selling prices of used 35mm SLRs being as low as they are now, the cost of service is likely to be substantially more than the cost of another similar camera. Is there any chance of sending the camera back to the seller and starting over?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration