Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sears TLS lens assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Sears TLS lens assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Basselope1
Tinkerer
Username: Basselope1

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 08:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was given a Sears TLS camera in great condition with one exception. The 55 mm Sears lens is disassembled. The front of the lens has two silver screws that are screwed into that half of the lens and about a quarter of an inch protrudes. It appears that these are intended to be stops that stop the lens at 3 feet and the other one at infinity. There is another screw that was in the box but not attached to the lens. It appears that it is intended to screw into the other half that screws into the camera and acts as the stop that the other two screws contact. My problem is when I screw that loose screw into the hole where it seems like it should go, I cannot screw the two halves together and have the lens focus properly. It doesn't seem to screw down far enough before the stops connect. If I take that third screw out, the two halves screw together and the lens will focus correctly but without a stop where there should be one. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration