Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Light Seals and Bumper on Canon F1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Light Seals and Bumper on Canon F1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne_diduch
Tinkerer
Username: Wayne_diduch

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone tell me if the Foam " Bumper " for the instant return Mirror on my Canon F1 is the same foam material used for the Light Seals on the Film compartment Door???...Thanks in Advance!!! Cheers!!...Wayne

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 50

Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 05:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

W:

Yes is the answer & it may be a little thicker, it is just a cushion to reduce noise & reduce the shock to the mirror. If you are lucky & still have some of the old material left you should be able to determine the thickness you need, May be some one else can post the thickness, for you. Please!

Wayne_diduch
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Old School...Thanks for your response, it's greatly appreciated. There is a fair bit of the bumper material left intact. i understand that a chap sells the Kits on E-Bay,although i have no qualms about servicing the F1 myself. in the interest of time do you think a Qualified Camera repair shop would have access to the Foam material??? it would simply be faster if i could take it in and have it done. Or is the Camera Shop likely to tell me,"That material is gone the way of the Dinosaur...and we can't help you???" Thanks again my Friend!!!

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 58

Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

W:
A good shop should have a supply on hand. ? the last time the camera has been serviced. You might consider some one like DAG to go through the camera clean, lube & adjust the speeds, plus new seals through out the camera. As when the one has a gone, the rest are there too. & there is one behind the mirror box assembly that does not get replace by the basic seal replacement as people are not aware of it. The F1 is one nice camera. I was with a friend in Santa Monica doing a promotion to have your equipment checked out in 1979. This guy brought this F1 in that had a layer of dirt & dust from sitting in his closet for something like ten years he said. Dusted it off & put it on the test equipment & it was bang on the money, even the shutter speeds. I was very impressed to say the least. He gave it to his girl friend to use. Lucky lady! Nice guy.
Always The Best Mike....

Wayne_diduch
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks so much Mike!!..you have been of great Help. This particular F1 is one of two i own. It was my "Back Up" so to speak. More specifically it has never had a Roll of Film shot in it!!!. That said i would take it out once a month and run Imaginary Rolls of Film through it at various Shutter speeds. I will however, take your advice and get Her "Tuned Up'. Great to speak with you Mike and Thank you once again!!!...Cheers!!!...Wayne Diduch, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration