Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mir 10A Focus drive disconnected Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mir 10A Focus drive disconnected « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Caerwall
Tinkerer
Username: Caerwall

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new here - hello, g'day fro Australia
I am just starting the joys of lubricating and making simple repairs to lenses. Simple one I can handle so far.
Just bought a Mir-10A from the Ukraine in used but serviceable condition. Focus seemed "funny" sort of a slack turn then engaged. Found out why shortly as it stopped driving focus entirely.
One of those M42 lenses with an exchangeable mount. Under the mount it was easy enough to detect that the drive collar had become detached. I can even get it to pop out but I cannot figure the way to get the lens unit out far enough to screw the drive collar tight again.
It is not a very common lens but I believe it is of Flektogon construction. 35m f2.8 made 1978. has a serious drop and bent the filter rim which has been straightened but the glass, body, etc is fine and the focus action smooth (whilst it was still working).

Any help as to where to start would be appreciated. The dof focus scale seems only a trim. the stop limiter is the next set of exterior screws and there are some more screws in the front of the lens housing curvature. I don't know if the lens element might screw out like a Sonnar style lens.

Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration