Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica ST605 Self-Timer Help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fujica ST605 Self-Timer Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Codybarker
Tinkerer
Username: Codybarker

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fujica ST605 and the self-timer works fine but as it approaches the end of the timer the shutter release button slowly depresses and releases but it just doesn't depress far enough to actually trip the shutter. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 74

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C:
There is usually an adjustment inside the camera for this. Some times it can be accessed through the front behind the vinyl covering by the self timer by an acces / adjusting hole covered by a little brass or steal plate or disc. The other thing is it (the timer) may be dry of lubricant & just may not have the strength to trigger the shutter and overcome the friction on the dry pivots.
Does the camera need servicing? They do need periodic servicing as the lubricants dry out after years of service.

The Best Mike.....

Codybarker
Tinkerer
Username: Codybarker

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for the info Mike. I am a novice with cameras and after a quick inspection I am unsure how to access the self timer's components. It's been a very long time since it was serviced so I will take your advice and have it cleaned up. Any recommendations on places or people?

Old_school
Tinkerer

Post Number: 77

Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C:
Check & see if it can be done local.
If you have to send it out, give this place a call:
http://icamera.com/
I just came upon them the other day. They appear to have been around a few years. There is always DAG too. If you can deal direct with the repair facility, not through a store front. As the store front will of course mark it up & some times by a very large percentage. This does help keep them in business, but my wallet always favors the direct route.
There are some facilities on the net try running a search.

The Best Mike.....

Old_school
Tinkerer

Post Number: 78

Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C:
Check out here first & see if there might be something to replace yours:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

Good luck! Mike....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration