Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL Electro and Electro-X ITS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica TL Electro and Electro-X ITS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 104

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got two Yashica bodies which are exhibiting the same problem, and I was wondering if this is endemic to the TL's, or just a run of bad luck on my part.

When you mount a lens on them, the lens winds up about ten degrees off center (or around 2 o'clock), which then places the auto-diaphram actuating pin almost off the camera auto actuating bar. And this also could not be good for the focus, as I would assume that now the flange distance will have changed somewhat.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a good fix for it? Didn't see anything in the archives, but I did find out about the glued on ASA dial on the plain TL Electro. Glue? What were they thinking?

Thanks for any help.

PF

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 121

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it's been discussed here before. From the archives:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/6900/4725.html

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 105

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donnie, thanks for the link. I didn't come up with that when I ran my search. Still doesn't explain the off-register of the lens though, as the last post quotes an article that states Yashica switched to the Pentax register for the TL and TL Electro cameras. Maybe the author of the article was misinformed.

I'll just go on the assumption these bodies still have the Edixa register point, and will only use yashica lenses on them. If they don't become parts piles first.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 106

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update: The TL Electro is, as far as I'm concerned, toast. Corrosion, busted shutter, and a winding mechanism that has been torqued. Not really worth any more time, as I wouldn't have the parts to fix the thing. I managed to get the top, bottom, front, eye piece, and prism off with no problems (other than dealing with all the glue). I'm just going to bag it up, and call it a day. Thanks for the help Donnie.

PF

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 122

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome! Some cameras are just too far gone...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration