Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 7 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Hi-Matic 7 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ryanalan
Tinkerer
Username: Ryanalan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta Hi-Matic 7 with a bad film advancing knob. It will advance the film, but not go back to its original position afterwards. I have to physically remove the knob and reset it inorder to use the camera.

I was hoping someone might have some familiarity with this camera and give me a hint as to what I can do to possibly fix it.

Thanks

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 97

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

R: Check the alignment of everything. Look for impact damage, top lid dented, film counter sticking... Take a look through the "Repair Manuals" at the top of the page & scan through these to give you an idea as to how the system works, if you are not familiar with the camera systems. I had a Canon that was pretty beat up & top lid had a nice dent, that caused the counter to hang up & other problems. yours may also need a system lube on the transport section.
THe Best Mike....

Ryanalan
Tinkerer
Username: Ryanalan

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Mike, I'll do exactly that and try to see what needs lube

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration