Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vitessa w/ Ultron Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander Vitessa w/ Ultron « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris_b
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_b

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,

I recently bought a pretty nice Vitessa L with the Ultron lens for a good enough price to want to maybe try my hand at fixing whatever issues it has.

It had some gunk in the lens that was easily cleaned out, and a rangefinder prism on the swinging arm that had, presumably, long ago fallen out (Thankfully it was still trapped in the body.)

During the course of taking the top plate off and putting everything back together, I found three of the tiny ball bearings were laying on my work mat...shoot. Also the plunger now works only sometimes, and reluctantly then...It likes to miss the shutter-cocing thing behind the barn door.

My question is...where in the heck did these things come from exactly? I understand they can be purchased from Microtools if I get to where they are and find some missing...Also, any suggestions on cements to reglue the RF prism?

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Chris

Chris_b
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_b

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction...It's the swinging beam splitter that wants to keep falling out and is crying out for some sort of cement.

Nparsons13
Tinkerer
Username: Nparsons13

Post Number: 10

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See Arnold Harris's posting on this site on 8 Nov 2005 and the replies to it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration